Having erected a meeting house, fifteen male members of the church proceeded to draw up a covenant and select a person to be their minister. The church was organized on December 4, 1723 and Rev. Job Cushing (1694-1760), a Harvard graduate, was ordained its minister on the same day and held the office of pastor until his death on August 6, 1760.
The original “Founding Fathers” of the church:
John Keyes, Sr.
Edward Goddard, Jr.
Sgt. William Taylor